FMLAdmin is a full-service Family and Medical Leave Act ("FMLA") administrative company, providing FMLA administration, compliance and tracking services for employers.
FMLAdmin, LLC ("FMLAdmin") is made up of an experienced staff of leave administrators and attorney. It was founded in 2010 by Robert J. Simandl, an attorney and certified public accountant with over 25 years' experience in Family and Medical Leave Act ("FMLA") policy development, operation and administration. His experience with the integration of the FMLA with workers' compensation, the Americans with Disabilities Act ("ADA") and employer policies allows him to effectively address an employer's legal responsibility under federal and state law, taking into consideration all areas of opportunity and vulnerability.
He is the author of the "Family and Medical Leave Law Compliance Manual" (1993) and co-author of "The COBRA Guide: COBRA Compliance for Wisconsin Employers" (2000). Attorney Simandl has advised legislators from several states in the drafting and amendment of their state Family and Medical Leave laws and is a frequent speaker on the FMLA, ADA, ERISA and benefits for workers.
Over the years, Attorney Simandl identified challenges and frustrations many employers face with compliance responsibilities prompting him to found FMLAdmin, LLC. FMLAdmin provides cost-effective, personalized FMLA administrative services for employers while making company culture and employee involvement a priority. Maintaining employee involvment helps to ensure that every employee understands the legal responsibilities and feels satisfied that their FMLA leave has been managed in the best way possible. Employers can also be rest assured their FMLA compliance responsibilities are being met.
We understand that the law can be confusing and not all leaves are straightforward. You can be confident knowing that FMLAdmin's knowledge, experience and custom process integration is going to do more than just meet the operational and cultural needs of your organization, it will prepare and protect your business in the unfortunate event that litigation arises.
- Direct employee communication throughout the leave process
- Employee leave request coordination
- Leave eligibility determination
- Clarifications and additional requests for information
- Timely notifications as to employee eligibility and leave designation
- Coordination with workers' compensation
- Assist with benefits during periods of leave
- Coordinate employees' return-to-work
- Verify restrictions and/or limitations upon return-to-work
- Customized FMLA policy design
- Form development and implementation
- FMLA and compliance training
- Health Care Provider Certification evaluation
- Coordinate with long-term and short-term disability carriers
- Process workers' compensation claims
- Americans with Disabilities Act ("ADA") assessments
- Maintained separate leave files for each of your employees
- Customized reporting on employee leave status
We recommend that you contact your legal counsel to review the implementing documents to ensure any local compliance obligations are met.